Labour need to lose only 6 seats in May's local elections to lose control of Sunderland City Council. After 50 years of Labour, it’s time for a fresh start.
The Sunderland Conservatives have created our manifesto to be fully implementable if Labour lose control of the Council in May. We are ready to take Sunderland and Washington forward in a vision of cleaner streets, safer parks and roads, cutting Labour's trend of Council Tax rises and cutting allowances and expenses. Putting residents first.
Some of our manifesto promises are:
- £1 million reduction in Council Tax; putting an end to Labour's constant Council Tax hikes
- A city centre to be proud of with a £1 million beautification scheme
- New Park and Cemetery Wardens to protect these spaces
- A shopping trolley impound team, to make supermarkets pay when they don't collect their trolleys
- New CCTV networks to stop ASB, fly-tipping and street crime
- Abolishing the cost of parking permit schemes; no one should pay to park outside their own house
- Introduce new street cleaning teams
- Expand the Council's tree surgery team
- Roll out smart bins across the city
- An extra £1 million into repairing roads and pavements
- Tackling speeding by funding new speed cameras, improving junction visibility and redesigning our roads to prevent speeding
- FREE replacement bins for all residents, not like Labour's plan which only applies to 11% of residents
- Cutting councillors allowances and expenses. Putting residents above councillors greed.