The Sunderland Conservative councillors and candidates have released their 2019 Local Election Manifesto.
Written by members at a Conservative Policy Forum meeting in February, the manifesto highlights why we are the strongest, most trustworthy voice of opposition to the Labour Party in Sunderland.
Our proposals include:
- Cutting councillors' allowances by hundreds of thousands of pounds;
- Scrapping free meals for councillors which cost taxpayers £10,000 a year;
- Introducing Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks for councillors;
- Promoting the city's events but ending the subsidies for events like the Spice Girls concert;
- Introducing city-wide Park and Cemetery Wardens to secure parks and cemeteries on a night and to tackle the kinds of arson, anti-social behaviour and sexual assault incidents we have witnessed in parks and cemeteries in recent months.
We are grateful to our members who took the time to propose these ideas, along with all those included in our manifesto. Their commitment is the reason we are the city's main opposition party.
|2019 Manifesto||98.42 KB|